“You Are the Asshole”
“If you’re not having fun, you are the asshole.”
Susan told me this in 2013, when she noticed I was overthinking a choice: waiting for the perfect moment to join an improvised scene while everyone else was already on stage, having fun.
She agrees that reality is more complex than that, and expanded further on her advice in a 2019 conversation we recorded together about her life, career, and navigating complex realities. But I still find this note useful when dealing with trolls (or people who criticize for destruction and sadistic self-enjoyment over constructive improvement).
It’s also a good reality self-check: are you having fun?
꥟ The Sunday Skim Newsletter
★ Popular Articles
- My 2017 iPhone X Died: I Got a 2016 iPhone SE, Upgraded the Battery and Added Wireless Charging — It's Great
- Being Born in the 80s Is the Only Thing That Makes Me Realize How Life with No Constant Connection Existed (and Is Possible)
- The Last Time You'll Buy Shoes
- Every Time Someone Is Better at Something than You Are, It Just Means They Failed at It More Times than You Did
- Interviews → Cinedicate — The Truman Show
🅂 Me in 15”
I've been a satirical author, marketing manager, radio host, Comedy Central correspondent, and improviser. Process optimizer, critical observer, easily obsessed—and emotional stoic—I love meaningful conversations and silences. Rome (Italy) native, I now live in Chicago → more about me and what I'm doing now.